Important Doggie Day Care Information
Our list of FAQ’s answers your questions and provides important Doggie Day Care information.
What do guests do at Doggie Day Care?
Our Doggie Day Care guests play all day with other guests of similar size, temperament, and activity level in our large indoor and outdoor play areas. Be sure to check out the Day Care Activities page for additional activities available to upgrade your dog’s visit!
Should guests eat prior to coming to Doggie Day Care?
It is best to eat 1 hour prior to coming to Doggie Day Care to prevent bloat, which can be caused by playing too soon after eating. Just to be safe, guests who have last eaten within 1 hour will be placed in a suite until the proper amount of time has passed.
Can guests rest or take a nap at Doggie Day Care?
Of course! At Barkefellers we realize that having fun can really wear a dog out so we have nap areas available for a midday break and any time the dogs get tired.
How often will my dog go outside?
We schedule potty breaks 3 times during the day (in the morning, at midday, and in the evening). At each potty break, each guest will have a personal private outdoor suite (10’ x 15’) where they can exercise and potty on our exclusive Astro-Turf surface. These surfaces are sanitized daily with hospital grade disinfectants for your pet’s protection.
Can you give my dog medication from home?
Yes. We will log your pet’s medications and dispensing instructions upon arrival.
Are there any qualifications for Doggie Day Care?
Yes, we want to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all our guests at Doggie Day Care. Therefore, all dogs attending Doggie Day Care must be:
- At least 12 weeks old
- Current on all required vaccinations: Rabies, Distemper & Bordetella
- Spayed or neutered if over 6 months of age
- Approved for play through our evaluation process
All Day Care guests must go through an evaluation process by our staff, just to ensure everyone has a good time. As part of this evaluation, our Dog Personality Questionnaire must be completed for each new Day Care guest prior to scheduling an appointment for their Temperament Test. For everyone’s safety, dogs whose behavior is not mostly predictable will not be allowed to interact with the other dogs. In this case, we offer alternatives to Day Care to ensure fun for all. Once an evaluation is made, our staff will inform you of your options.
How can I get the evaluation process for Doggie Day Care started?
All Day Care guests must be evaluated by our staff prior to attendance at Doggie Day Care. To get started:
- Complete and submit a Dog Personality Questionnaire for each dog attending Day Care.
- Once we receive your completed questionnaire, you’ll receive a call from one of our Front Desk Attendants to schedule your dog’s Temperament Test.
- If your dog will be staying overnight and has not attended Doggie Day Care before, you must schedule your pet’s Temperament Test prior to the check-in date of their overnight stay. This ensures that we can plan for and allocate the staff, space, and time necessary to evaluate each guest thoroughly.
- All dogs scheduled for Temperament Tests must arrive before noon on the scheduled day.
Will my dog receive any snacks during the day?
Yes, dogs in both day lodging and Doggie Day Care may be fed a snack of your choosing from the following options:
- Snack from home
- Eagle Pack Dog Food
- Bully Stick
- Barkefeller Sundae® Ice Cream
Snacks are served in a private suite at break time for a minimal additional charge.