Important Information About Barkefellers Franchises
Our FAQ’s answer your questions about choosing a Barkefellers franchise.
Why should I choose Barkefellers over other pet franchise opportunities?
It is the details that make Barkefellers desirable over other pet franchises for sale. For example, no other pet franchise concept includes the expansive outdoor play, potty, and activity areas that dogs love and that Barkefellers is known for. All outdoor areas feature paw-friendly artificial turf which is disinfected daily. Play areas offer lots of fun things to climb on, over, and under as well as seasonal misters and puppy pools. Outdoor activity areas have real grass and trees, just like a yard at home.
With over thirty-five years of experience in the commercial cleaning industry, the founders of Barkefellers were uniquely equipped to develop a comprehensive cleaning system that could handle the needs of a busy pet hotel. This advanced system ensures pet-safe, hospital-grade sanitization throughout our facilities and has helped us earn our sparkling clean reputation!
Barkefellers’ founders are also seasoned real-estate professionals – with over fourteen combined years of experience – to help you through the important process of site selection, zoning approval, ease of access, and facility exposure.
Our staff training program is unmatched in the pet care industry and is a critical element of our success. Our training program ensures that all staff members are thoroughly trained in guest wellness, canine behavior, proven techniques for off-leash group play, hotel operations, health and safety, cleaning protocols, and customer service. Even the most beautiful facility in the world is not enough for our pampered guests and their families – it’s the staff who provide personalized, professional care that makes Barkefellers truly THE Place for Dogs!
All of us at Barkefellers love and care about pets – it’s who we are as individuals and as a company. We love and care for our own pets, of course. We love and care for our guests as if they were our own pets. We also love and care for animals who need help. That’s why from the very start the Coffey family and our Barkefellers family have been committed to supporting local animal shelters and rescue groups. Through local event sponsorships, fundraiser participation, and donation of time, energy, and resources, Barkefellers gives back to the communities who have so warmly welcomed us and supports organizations who help homeless dogs and cats.
What “special breed” is Barkefellers searching for in a potential franchisee?
Barkefellers is looking for potential franchisees, who demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Must have a real passion for pets!
- Outgoing, engaging, energetic, and truly enjoy people.
- Strong sales and customer service ability.
- Mature, stable, and fully dedicated to the operation.
- High personal standards including excellence, honesty, and integrity.
- Financially strong enough to meet initial investment requirements.
- Seeking a family-friendly business that affords employment and professional development opportunities for future generations.
- Desire to have a positive impact on the lives and well-being of dogs, cats, and people in the community.
Why should I seek to be awarded a Barkefellers franchise instead of going into the pet care business on my own?
The Power of our Pack helps to ensure our franchise organization stays strong, well-known, and well-run from nose to tail. This franchise opportunity comes complete with a roadmap to success and answers and advice for all the questions you’ll have as the owner of a pet care business. Our support covers:
- Site Selection
- Internal (ex: Training, Purchasing, Communications, Troubleshooting)
- Research and Development
- Overall Program Oversight.
Marketing: Organization & Franchise – Barkefellers has a great story, a great reputation, a strong brand, strong, positive social media awareness, and strong credibility. Taking advantage of Barkefellers’ organization-level marketing, as well as its ability to coordinate marketing and advertising for all franchise locations is wise; it prevents the headaches that can be associated with opening a new business. Barkefellers will not let sleeping dogs lie! We will get out the message on behalf of the entire franchise organization through a host of marketing initiatives. In addition, Barkefellers can provide individual franchisees with marketing materials at the regional and local levels.
Training – We have a proven process. We will train you from the ground up so your attitude is your most important asset. Of course any experience in the pet industry is a plus.
- Phase I involves thorough franchisee instruction at our dedicated training location. This process will cover administrative, operational, sales, and marketing matters. In addition, it will involve significant on-the-job training.
- Phase II consists of franchise training at your location. This process will cover assistance with the commencement of your operations, and fully plugging in to our audio and video support mechanisms.
- Each year there will be additional training at both our facility and yours.
- Our field support staff will visit your business regularly to assist as needed.
Chase This Opportunity – Imagine owning a Barkefellers facility, having the trust of pet owners, and loving on furry friends all day long. As opposed to a 9 to 5 routine, each day will be hairier than the next, but much more enjoyable. If you are ready to work like a dog and hold yourself to high standards with our proven and unique system, please scratch on our door immediately. We can chase this opportunity together.
In what cities/states are Barkefellers franchise opportunities available?
Barkefellers franchise opportunities are available in all fifty US states. States in which we are not currently registered are in the process of filing so please inquire if the state you are interested in is not listed yet.
What is the initial investment required to own a Barkefellers franchise?
Determining start-up costs for a franchise unit is both an art and a science. While assumptions need to be made, there will always be variations in each market. Based on our experience, the initial investment range is from $200K to $600K. A list of the likely expenses for an average unit follows (please note that this does not include ongoing costs):
- Real Estate (down payment or pre-paid rent and security)
- Utility Deposits
- Leasehold Improvements
- Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment
- Computers and Software
- Initial Inventory
- Office Equipment and Supplies
- Grand Opening Event/Advertising
- Licenses and Permits
- Dues and Subscriptions
- Legal and Accounting
- Working Capital (during initial months of operations).