December is debatably the busiest month of the year with to-do lists that are long and gift lists that are even longer, but if there’s one person who deserves to be on your “nice list” this year, it’s your pet (even if they are naughty from time to time)! If you’re unsure of what to give your dog this holiday season but still want them to open up something special on Christmas morning, no need to worry as our staff has compiled our top 5 gift picks for your pet in 2019!
1. KONG Classic Dog Toy: A classic for a reason, the KONG classic dog toy is a staple for any pet’s toy collection. This multi-functional and high-quality dog toy is made from natural, durable rubber and can be used for fetching, chewing, or as a puzzle providing physical and mental stimulation for your pup. The KONG can also be stuffed with your dog’s favorite treats which doubles its use as a food bowl. Simply put, every pup needs their own KONG!
2. Kuranda Dog Bed: This is the bed that we use in each and every suite at all of our facilities, and we chose the Kuranda dog bed for several reasons. As its name might suggest, the Kuranda raised dog bed is elevated which provides joint relief and orthopedic support to pets, keeping them happy and healthy through their afternoon naps and overnight snoozes. The Kuranda bed’s unique shape and durable build also make it chew-proof as the bed’s fabric is fully secured inside of its frame. Also, if your dog suffers from allergies, the Kuranda bed’s lack of stuffing makes it difficult for dirt and allergens to build up. Give you and your pup the well-rested nights you both deserve with a Kuranda bed.
3. Easy Walk Harness: Is there anything better than taking your dog on a walk? Oh right, taking your dog on a walk without them tugging and pulling the whole time! Easy walks are one of the main harness styles that we use in our training programs at Barkefellers University as they gently discourage your dog from pulling by steering them to the side and then redirecting them towards you. Easy walks are comfortable, easily adjustable for a perfect fit, and fit across your dog’s chest as opposed to their throat which prevents any discomfort or gagging. The easy walk is great for training purposes or to simply keep your pup under control when you are out and about!
4. Gentle Leader: The other main style of harness that we use in our training programs is the gentle leader. The gentle leader is a head collar that fits comfortably and securely around your dog’s nose and prevents them from pulling by redirecting the dog backwards each time they pull, mimicking the feeling of being turned around. The gentle leader is perfect for leash training and discouraging unwanted behaviors such as barking, lunging, and jumping. An upgraded harness can enhance both you and your dog’s walking experience!
5. Specialty Treats: With so many excellent dog treat brands and styles out there (we offer quite a few at our facilities alone), it is hard to narrow it down to just a couple to gift your dog this Christmas. However, if we had to pick any two treats that you should make sure are under your tree this year, it would be Red Barn Naturals Peanut Butter Filled Bone Treats and Bully Slices.
- Peanut Butter Filled Bone Treats: These peanut butter filled bones are a win-win as the hard, white bone cleans your dog’s teeth while the peanut butter filling provides a delicious snack. Similar to treat-stuffed KONG toys, the preoccupation of getting the peanut butter out of the bone provides physical and mental stimulation for your pet, significantly reducing their boredom and stress. If your dog suffers from any anxiety, this treat is an especially great choice!
- Bully Slices: Bully slices are made with natural ingredients that are high in protein and amino acids, easily digestible, and teeth-cleaning. They are also highly durable, so they are able to satisfy your dog’s chewing instincts without the risk of splintering.
Pssst… We love these brands and gift options so much, that we actually sell some of them at our facilities. You can purchase KONG brand toys, easy walks, gentle leads, and Red Barn specialty treats at our front desks!